• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer owes me money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kevin anderson

i have an agreement whereby i am to recieve 15%of the gross profits from a restaurant. i have recieved 2 equity checks for less then what i am entitled. when i questioned the owner he said he has no time to go over my concerns as he is in the middle of opening another store. i am in the process of leaving this employer before i can get this resolved. i would like to get my money before i leave as i strongly believe that he will try to cheat me out of it.the total amount is around 2300 dollars that i will expense my self in daily paperwork that would document where the money went as long as supporting documentation as to how i came to that conclusion. i will still be owed for an additional 2 months in equity and performance bonuses at the time of my termination. my questions are am i entitled to do this? how do i make sure i get the last 2 months that are owes to me? can i be arrested for a crime? i live in florida thanks

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Vagueness. Why would you be arrested for a crime? Are you embezzling or money laundering?

If you have a written business agreement with this person to receive such a share, you are a good business person. To collect, you take him to court if he doesn't go nicely. If he still doesn't pay when a judgment against him has been entered, you attach a lien to his property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">