• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer refuses to pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

GaryBellan

I was hired by a home improvement co. as a sub-contractor to do some drywall work, I was hired by phone on Tuesday morning at 9:30, for work that day, I drove 25 miles to the job where I was told that the job wasn't ready for me and I was sent home with the promise of 1 hour for showing up. I was told to show up Thursday at 8 am, The contractor wasn't there so I waited until 8:30 am when the home owner came out and told me that the job still wasn't ready. I drove home, I called the contractor who at first didn't even remember me until I reminded him, He then said "I told you 9 am" I told him to find someone else. H refuses to pay me for showing up. Do I have any recourse???

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GaryBellan:
I was hired by a home improvement co. as a sub-contractor to do some drywall work, I was hired by phone on Tuesday morning at 9:30, for work that day, I drove 25 miles to the job where I was told that the job wasn't ready for me and I was sent home with the promise of 1 hour for showing up. I was told to show up Thursday at 8 am, The contractor wasn't there so I waited until 8:30 am when the home owner came out and told me that the job still wasn't ready. I drove home, I called the contractor who at first didn't even remember me until I reminded him, He then said "I told you 9 am" I told him to find someone else. H refuses to pay me for showing up. Do I have any recourse???<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do not have much recourse and even if you did it would not be worth the time and effort. Ho much do you charge an hour $25, $45 or ? Just write it off and make it up on the next job. Charge a little more for the Type X or greenboard.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">