• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer violence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

timnnn

During the course of termination, my Florida employer violently injured me. Initail medical tests indicate soft tissue and possible cartilige damage to elbow, shoulder, neck, back and rib cage. He is the owner of the company and is approx. 6'4" 250 lb. I am 5"8" 170 lb. and was at a sitting position at my desk with one hand on the keyboard and one hand on the mouse. He came in to my office, positioned himself behind me and from his standing position ripped my arm from off the mouse pulling it backwards and pushed me. Fearing further violence I left. The severeness of injury was not realized until later that day. I make my living operating computers. Financial gain is not the motive here, but if these injuries impede or debilitate my ability to earn a living for my family, shouldn't something other than a simple assault charge be in order?

Last edited:

E

Elliotg

Is this another case of attempting to gain financial independence through litigation?

It does not take a genius to figure out that if you were really injured then you should have promptly sought medical assistance.

If you were assaulted, then you should have promptly called the police.

Elliot Goldstein (attorney with offices in Tampa & St. Petersburg)

The above information is provided as a courtesy, without any consideration and without knowledge of the specific facts.  Do not rely on this information. Seek a formal consultation with an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">