• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employer's no compete contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

theessoman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I work for an ambulance company and they had made the marketing group sign a no compete contract, to not be able to work for the competitor. Listed was a non ambulance company, if I am offered a position and take it, what lagal action could be taken on me?

Andy0192

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? AZ

I work for an ambulance company and they had made the marketing group sign a no compete contract, to not be able to work for the competitor. Listed was a non ambulance company, if I am offered a position and take it, what lagal action could be taken on me?

Did you sign the non-compete agreement?

Are you now being offered a job by one of the competitors listed in the non-compete agreement?

What does the agreement spell out as penalties for a breach of the non-compete contract?

mlane58

No one here can really give any sound advice on a document we haven't read, but under AZ law, a covenant not to compete must be reasonably limited as to time and territory. Arizona courts have repeatedly approved use
of the blue-pencil rule, whereby a court is empowered to cross out overbroad, unreasonable provisions in an agreement, while keeping in place less onerous, enforceable provisions.

You really need to take the contract to a local attorney to see if it would be enforceable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">