• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

msc7360

I gave two weeks notice to my former job. Two days before my scheduled last day of employment management called me into the office to sign separation papers as to why I was resigning. They ask if I had another job and I told them I did. I was scheduled to work eight hours that day and also eight hours on Saturday. After I signed the papers they told me to leave the store. That I was done and good bye. Am I entitled to any additional salary for the days I was scheduled. I had worked only 45 min. when I was called into the office.

B

buddy2bear

You are not a member of a Union? If not, then if you don't work, you don't get paid. They owe you 45 minutes pay. Most companies will "fire" you when you give notice. In reality, "notice" is a thing of the past that a polite society used to allow an employer time to hire a replacement. Now, the employer looks at it as a time period when a soon-to-be x employee could steal, sabotage, take customers, etc., and they get rid of you PDQ, but you still "look bad" if you don't give notice. When someone gives notice, be prepared to leave at any time, probably the same day and unless there is a policy of payment of the "unused" notice period, don't expect any money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">