• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kmwolfer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CT

I worked for a well known large company in CT. I worked for one division for 4 years and another for 1 year. I was laid off back on April 1, 2009. Recently I inquired about working for company number 1 as a contractor working for a contracting company. The HR department would not let the department hire me. I was not terminated for cause and I feel that the HR person has it out for me. I worked in the HR organization before and was told that she did not like me from the first day I met her. This was confirmed by more than one colleague. Do I have any case against this organization from keeping me from gaining gainful employment? I am currently unemployed and was scheduled to start work on Monday in this new role there before I was told HR snuffed it.

Last edited:

pattytx

Not even close. You gave no indication in your post that the company is breaking any law by refusing to rehire you.

Last edited:

ecmst12

It may have nothing to do with you personally. Many companies will not let former employees come back as contractors.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">