• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment agency giving out info

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stephensmim

I live in NJ and went through an employment agency to get my current job. After 2 months I've discovered the employer lied to me about having full benefits, the benefit cost to me and the working hours. The employment agency (and the employer) told me about the full benefit package and both place told me it was a 5 day work week. I have recently been told that it is a 6 day work week and that the benefits are twice the amount I was first quoted and did not include vision or dental as previously promised.
I contacted the employment agency, told them what was happening and asked to be put back on the "actively seeking" list. Within 2 hours, the employment agency manager ( a friend of my boss) was on the phone and told my boss I was looking for another job. My boss has since called me into his office, tried to force me into giving notice and has now told other employees he's thinking of firing me on Monday. Today I see my job listed in the newspaper want ads section.
Can the employment agency give out the info that I'm seeking another job? Can I be fired for looking? Can my boss pressure me into telling him I want to leave and when I'll be leaving? I really need some answers - the work environment has become extremely cold and hostile since the agency made that phone call!!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">