• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bubbak2

undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Illinois

I signed a employment agreement (appendix "B" only) when I was a salary employee. With non-compete restrictions in the agreement in 1983.

When I decided to go straight commission ( paid only for what I sell ) I was presented with another contract to sign showing what I would be paid for the sale and what my benifits would be. This was done in 1984 and I refused to sign another (appendix "B" ) in 1984 that had the non-compete
restrictions attached.

I was terminated for getting jobs produced by other vendors, when my employer could not produce the job or did not want to run the job.

They claim I signed the "Appendix "B" and it carried over to what I signed in
1984 when I went to straight commission.

Is this true? If I need to get an attorney please advise.

Beth3

Nobody can advise you on a contract or agreement they haven't read. Yes, you need to see an attorney.

bubbak2

Beth3 said:
Nobody can advise you on a contract or agreement they haven't read. Yes, you need to see an attorney.
Just a basic question first. Can a previous sign agreement be attached to a new contract signed a year later and a new job status?

Again, I did not sign a new appendix "B" when I signed the new contract.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">