• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment bond break

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guidanceforme

What is the name of your state? New york.
I was employed by a company on H1 visa. Initial 6 months i was not paid since i was on bench. I left the company after one year. There was a bond which states that i have to stay with the company for 2 years or i have to pay a portion of my gross annual salary. i broke this bond since i was once again on bench after six months. My total earning for those five months is almost equal to the amount my emplyer claims on me to pay. Since i have not earned a whole year, can an employer ask me to pay a portion of my gross annual salary?
Can an employer inform creditors for collection of money? If so can he inform directly without giving any notice to me?
Any giudance is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">