• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nursedemons

What is the name of your state? Massachussetts

I have signed a contract stating I would not work at a facility sent to by a agency for 90 days after. It also stated that I would not work at any other facility owned by the same company, for ninety days after the last day worked. My problem is I was sent to a facility to work one day. It's been two month's. I applied for a job owned by the same company. Different facility. My agency stated to me I can't do that. Is it legal?:confused: :confused:

Beth3

Yes, it's legal. Agreements like this are what prevent employment agencies' staffers from being hired away left and right with no consideration ($) to the agency.

Applying for a job is NOT the same as accepting a job however. Have you even been contacted for an interview with this company yet? The recruiting process could easily take 30 days, in which case it appears your problem is solved, assuming they actually decide to offer you a job and you accept.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">