• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms2406

What is the name of your state? CA

I worked for a employee for 2 months ( I came to USA on March'05 on H1B) and got the client on May'05.My employer didn't pay me any salary during March and Apr. I worked for that employer for 2 months and joined another company. Now they employer has sent a court notice to pay $5400.00 against the H1b fees, airfare to usa and other expenses. I had signed a contract saying if I leave the company before 18months of completion of term, I would pay $5000.00(maximum) against the expense incurred by the employee.

I would like to know how far this agreement is valid. Is there any way I sue the company for asking me the money for H1b fees, airfare etc as this against the immigration law of H1.

My ex-employer is from Texas from I got the court notice.

I need help on this and suggestions to get rid of this.

HomeGuru

ms2406 said:
What is the name of your state? CA

I worked for a employee for 2 months ( I came to USA on March'05 on H1B) and got the client on May'05.My employer didn't pay me any salary during March and Apr. I worked for that employer for 2 months and joined another company. Now they employer has sent a court notice to pay $5400.00 against the H1b fees, airfare to usa and other expenses. I had signed a contract saying if I leave the company before 18months of completion of term, I would pay $5000.00(maximum) against the expense incurred by the employee.

I would like to know how far this agreement is valid. Is there any way I sue the company for asking me the money for H1b fees, airfare etc as this against the immigration law of H1.

My ex-employer is from Texas from I got the court notice.

I need help on this and suggestions to get rid of this.

**A: why would you work for an employee for 2 months?

ms2406

First two months they didn't pay me any salary, saying they would find a client then only they will pay me. After two months I got a client and worked there for 2 months, got another good offer so that I left that company because I didn't want to risk my career for without being paid during bench when I complete a project with client.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">