• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Contracts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kozela

What is the name of your state? MO

Good Day! This is my first time on this site.

I signed an employment agreement when I was hired by this company. I was recently fired but do not have a copy of this agreement. I left it at work - can I legally ask for a copy of this since I must abide by its contents?

I was fired, I did not resign and it was not a mutual separation. My boss wanted me to sign a form stating I resigned. I am assuming he did this so he does not have to pay unemployment.

I am concerned that my employer will try to use some of the wording in the contract if I try to collect unemployment.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Beth3

Of course you can ask for a copy of the contract. You should file for unemployment regardless. Your employer does not determine who collects UC - the State does. I can't imagine any valid wording in an employment contract that would bar you from collecting unemployment if the State determines you are eligible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">