• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment lawquestion

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dwaszew

What is the name of your state? nj

I am an assistant director of nursing, been a nurse 18 years. Love my job and being a nurse. The other day my boss approached me and said "I want to ask you something but I don't want you to be offended" "Do you drink?" Now, she knows that my husband has been sober 10 years. I don't even keep alcohol in the house. I'm a tea totaller. She told me that she thought she smelled alcohol on my breath. She also said that she understands I just lost alot of weight and if you lose wt too quickly it can cause ketosis (fruity, acetone breath) we both being RNs know this. I told her I do not drink and made an appointment to have bloodwork done at my doctor's on monday to make sure I'm ok. In the meantime, I'm worried that she thinks I'm drinking, that my co-workers may think the same. I'm worried about my job etc. I take pride in my work. I handle myself with dignity and integrity and fear this accusation could mar this. What can I do?? I can offer to be tested the next time this comes up to prove I'm not under the influence of anything?

Help

Donna

PS I'm just learning how to post, please be patient with me:confused:

eerelations

If you truly have nothing to hide, then ask your boss if you can undergo a drug test to clear your name. Also ask if there have been any performance issues that make it look like you've been drinking, and if there are, ask what you can do to rectify said issues.

dwaszew

If you truly have nothing to hide, then ask your boss if you can undergo a drug test to clear your name. Also ask if there have been any performance issues that make it look like you've been drinking, and if there are, ask what you can do to rectify said issues.
thanks, that was my solution too. I know I don't have any performance issues, I just had a great performance review, and my boss gave me a nice handwritten note just last week telling me what a nice job I'm doing etc.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">