• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Employment Verification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seonemj

I have been looking for another job for about 15 months. I have been to several interviews with HR people, VP's, etc...and even met with the people who would have been my superior if I had been hired. It seems that verification of employment and references is usually the last step then I hear nothing. I have checked my credit rating, hired a lawyer to check for a criminal record; everything turns up okay. I now believe my current employer denies I am employed with the company when someone calls. What can I do?

ALawyer

Have you thought of having a friend call up for a phantom check? Or hiring a private investigator? Lots are listed on expertpages.com

------------------
To retain a lawyer, I suggest you go to http://AttorneyPages.com which is endorsed by the Association of Trial Lawyers of America. This response is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. As you are not my client I have no obligation of any kind to you.

S

seonemj

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ALawyer:
Have you thought of having a friend call up for a phantom check? Or hiring a private investigator? Lots are listed on expertpages.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes. I have had that done. On the occassion the caller was told I did not work there I confronted the front office personnel. I was told that a new girl was on phones that day and the non-standard spelling of my name confused them. That was well over a year ago. I have considered a private investigator and going to my lawyer but I am not sure I can accomplish by this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">