• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employment verification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rloucks

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? conneticut

after a year of employment they are now questioning my emloyment verification. i was to believe that this process was done before i was hired as general manager. it is normal practice to verify employment of everyone we hire. now they are questioning that i was a senior manager at my previous job on hearsay. right now i am suspened going on 5 days and the answer they just gave me at 5pm was that they havent decided yet and want to make the right decision. why wasnt this done in the begining and why is this a question now? they said they couldnt tell either way if i was or wasnt a senior manager before.

please advise can they fire me.

russ loucks 508-207-7597

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here has any idea why, or if, it wasn't done in the beginning or why it is a question now. We aren't privy to what is going on.

Obviously the employer has received some information that leads them to believe the information they initially had is false. If they believe this to be the case, they can fire you, even if they are mistaken.

rloucks

hi i honestly do not believe a company can fire you wheather they think or not and it be incorrect. companys have to be cautious these days to do the right things. need a better answer. please

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do a search on the phrase, at-will employment, and then come back and tell us what you've learned.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">