• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

employmeny firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

missbabytt

ohio i put in my two weeks notice at burgar kng this was back in november 2001 i had about 5 days left before my last day and the store mamager accused me of stealing $20 out of the safe my positon was shift manager she was very rude that day the store has cameras i asked her if she found the money she ignored me she went in the office to look at the tapes and said nothing to me would not tell me anything she neer told me i was fired never said she had me on tape nothing i go to apply for other jos and she put on my record that i stole $1500 and that i was fired whichnone of it is true plus i have had friends that still are employd at burgar kng tel me that the store manger is dicussing me in the open where customers can hear about her reasons for firing me and about trying to stp my unemployment benifits

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
If she truly believes that you were guilty of stealing, even if she is mistaken, she has done nothing illegal. It might be bad management to discuss it with other employees but it's not illegal. Nor is it illegal for her to say what she believes to be the truth when called for a job reference, and she would only be doing her job if she tries to stop an employee that she believed stole, from getting UI.

If, on the other hand, she knows perfectly well that you didn't steal anything, then you might have some legal recourse.

Here's the problem: How are you going to prove one way or the other what she believes?

Your best bet is to talk to an attorney about your options.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">