• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emplyer Changed Hours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

findmeausername

What is the name of your state?

The girls in my Office have a question that I said I would post for them.
2 of the girls were emplyed to work Monday - Friday but after 2 weeks the Company decided that they were going to change things ie they want the girls to work Sundays, evenings, and every Saturday.
We think there is nothing they can do as no contract was signed re-the hours and we work in Illinois an at will state.
They are in the Union, one girl left another job to work here because of the hours and then they changed the goal posts can they do anyhtinig please.

Jennifer

pattytx

If covered under a CBA (union contract) the first place to go would be the union rep. If this is prohibited by the contract, then the union needs to go to bat for the employee. If it is not, then the employee is SOL, as the employer legally has the right to change an employee's work schedule based on the business needs of the company at the moment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">