• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Emplyment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tinfla

What is the name of your state? Florida

Two years ago I signed a four year employment contract with my current employer, while I was in college. This contract gave a specific dollar amount of salery that was to be paid to me while I was in college and prior to a certification exam date. I recently reviewed my contract and did the math and found that my employer paid me significantly less than the contract states and what was agreed to. My employer did not pay any benefits to me during this time and I paid for my education and expenses. I have since addressed my concerns to my employer and he told me that he was confident that I would not receive monies stipulated in the contract, specifically he told me that he did not know why that specific dollar amount was listed and he was confident that he would win in court. I countered and asked that the contract be re-negotiated and that one year be dropped off of the four year contract.

If my employer comes to me and informs me that the contract will not be re-negotiated do I have legal recourse?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Only an attorney who has read the contract in its entirety can tell you that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">