• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

emplyment contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jenniferleigh

What is the name of your state? new jersey

hi! i have a sister who's a nurse working in a nursing home. she is an immigrant and the employer was the one who worked in her immigrant petition. she was asked to sign a three year contract that will make her work for the nursing home. she wants to get out of the nursing home, because she's a "floater" right now. she's been working for almost 6 months already. the contract states that she'll pay $25,000 if she doesn't complete the three years. a hospital in north dakota is willing to hire her and make a payoff for the expenses that the nursing home paid for. what is the possible case that can be filled against my sister is she leaves the nursing home? and is the $25,000 a reasonable amount to ask from an employee? what can the hospital in north dakota do to be able to hire her?

please help...desperately need your advice!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No one here can comment on a contract we have not read. Your sister is going to have to take that contract to a North Dakota attorney for review. There is no possible way to answer your question without knowing EXACTLY, word for word, what the contract says.

(NO. DO NOT post it here.)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">