• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

EOE Employement ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cbirdlady

Recently a job was advertised in our local newspaper for a Day Care Director Job-Prefer child developement degree but not required. Send application, resume, etc. No phone calls. Send by Aug 25, 2000. E.O.E. After applying for the job and e-mailing several replies to questions. I was told it would be announced on Friday Aug 25th who received the job. There were 3 applicants for this position. The day care providers were informed on Wed, Aug. 23rd that someone would be taking over in a couple of weeks and one of the applicants that currently works there was asked to fill in until the new director arrived. Basically she was told that she did not receive the job. I did not receive a call or e-mail message so I called the facility and was told it was filled by someone more qualified. (this is fine with me) My problem is that if they are an eoe don't they have to wait until the close of business on Aug. 25th to contact the person receiving the job. It should not be announced at 8 am., someone even more qualified may have applied later in the day. Is there any recourse to the way this was handled. I am in the State of Nebraska, This day care facility is run by a local hospital. I was also told that since I was not receiving the job a reply to me had not been necessary.

A

Attorney_Replogle

I don't see any violations of the EOE law here. There is no part of the EOE regulations/laws that require an employer to stick strictly to a time line for hiring purposes. Rather, they are not to discriminate on the defined basis. The hiring of an applicant on a non-discriminatory basis prior to the announced deadline is not illegal. Nor is an employer required to notify all non-selected applicants that they were not selected.

------------------
Mark B. Replogle

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">