• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ESC Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ladydimum

What is the name of your state? NC

I filed for unemployment here, first time ever, was layed off from long time job and the amount I receive each week is ridiculous. Noone could even think of living on that. under a hundered each week. I tried to appeal but ESC person told me that is all my employer had put in on me, any advice on what my next step should be, besides looking for another job which I am doing.

ecmst12

Unemployment isn't determined by your former employer, it's calculated based on how much money you made in all jobs you've had for the previous 12 months. It's not meant to be as much as you were making before, just to help tide you over until you find a new job. It's not something you can appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">