• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ethics, Pregnancy, and a Coworker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ShawnaKay

What is the name of your state? Texas

The department that I work for is on an ethics kick. I recently found out that I am pregnant by a coworker. He was told in the past not to be seeing me anymore. However, nothing was ever said to me about it. He is afraid that they will find out he is the father and terminiate him. Can they do this?

Beth3

The department that I work for is on an ethics kick. I recently found out that I am pregnant by a coworker. He was told in the past not to be seeing me anymore. An employer instituting a business ethics policy has nothing to do with your situation. Are you suggesting they instituted a "no dating" policy?

Why, exactly, did management tell him not to see you any more?

rmet4nzkx

ShawnaKay said:

The department that I work for is on an ethics kick. I recently found out that I am pregnant by a coworker. He was told in the past not to be seeing me anymore. However, nothing was ever said to me about it. He is afraid that they will find out he is the father and terminiate him. Can they do this?
You need to provide more facts. Is he a supervisor? Is this his reason for asking you to get an abortion? Do you have an ongoing relationship? Does your work have a policy about intrepffoce relationships?

ShawnaKay

There is not a no dating policy. He is a higher rank than me. He was told not to see me anymore because of his position. To be more clear. I am a dispatcher and he is a detective. Our relationship has been on and off for the past 2 years.

Beth3

ShawnaKay said:

Let me guess - this detective is already married?

rmet4nzkx

Beth3 said:
Let me guess - this detective is already married?
Lol, I was hoping they could give us the facts of what is really going on, methinks this is less about employment law and more about interpersonal relationships.

Beth3

Yeah, I agree. If they "carried on" in the office and/or their affair became the talk of the department, then that's a real problem and they both could be terminated. So far, this isn't a legal matter; rather it's a mess the poster has gotten herself into.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">