• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ex-employer owes commission

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amandak2479

Texas

I was a licensed sales agent for a broker in Dallas county for 4 months. During those 4 months I closed 5 deals and am owed approximately $1900 in commissions. The invoices were sent to the properties before I left the job. The employer was ignoring phone calls and emails on status of payment and at one point told me nothing had been paid. I called the properties myself to check status of invoices. All invoices have been paid and checks cashed. I spoke to the employer last week and she basically said she spent the money because the economy is slow and she "needed to keep the doors open". She told me that me calling her asking status wasn't going to get me paid any faster and that she would pay me when she had the money.

Aside from suing her in small claims court, do I have options for collecting the money or boards that I can file a complaint with?

Mass_Shyster

Aside from suing her in small claims court, do I have options for collecting the money or boards that I can file a complaint with?
The board of Realtors will not arbitrate a dispute between a sales agent and his/her broker. They only arbitrate between brokers.

I don't know what other boards may be available to you. Small Claims may be your best bet.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">