• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

ex-roommate lied, i got fired

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

ddb57f100

What is the name of your state? CA
I had asked my boss for a raise right before I left for a short vacation. I got back and my boss never mentioned anything about a raise and started to treat me badly. I found out my ex-roommate had called while I was on vacation and lied to my boss. I was asked to go into my bosses office and informed that he was ready to grant me the raise I had asked for, but then he spoke with my ex-roommate and said he had to decided to go another way and fire me. My ex-roommate had hit me with a car earlier in the year and made countless threats to me. I moved refused to give him my phone number and thought it would be over. I received unemployment but, I was told by my boss if I proceeded with legal action that other things would come out. I have not done anything other than not let my ex-roommate be my god, like all his friends treat him. Is this a form of libel. Can I sue them both. I have an accident report from the hit and run and have decided to go forward with the police investigation. I am now getting threatening phone calls telling me to move out of the town I live in by him, he is also telling all kinds of lies to my friends trying to get them to go against me.

D

ddb57f100

I believe he said I was a drug dealer and that I wasn't in Chicago like I told my boss that he say me on Friday. I have proof that I was in Chicago, but when I got fired I didn't know he had said this.

Beth3

So the answer to your question, "Can I sue them both?" is no. You can potentially sue your ex-roommate for slander but you have no cause of action against your employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">