• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

exboss is exbest friend lying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

abs91672

exboss is exbest friend lying to new employer

When I found out that my supervisor/best friend of 9 years was having an affair with my husband of 5 years, I put in my two week notice and my supervisors boss let me go ahead and leave, understanding what I was going through. He told me that I could leave and he would pay me for the two weeks. He also told me that I was a very good worker and He would give me a good reference.

I stayed out of work for several months because of depression. whan I finally got ready to go back to work I went on a temp. postion at a local college, working for a friend from my church. After that temp postion was over, there was another temp postion on the campus, so I moved over to that office, after working there for 5 months I was offered a permenant postion in that department. Well I had to go through all the process of being hired on with the State of Louisiana, which means a formal interview and background check and I needed at least two previous employers to give me a good referal. When I found out that my ex-supervisor/ex-best friend has lied and said that I did not give a notice and that I just walked out, I went to my new boss and told her (crying) everthing about the affair and why I quit and that I did give a two week notice. This could have cost my job and to mention that I was so embarassed, having to tell my new boss the whole story. When I left my bosses office I set in the stair well of the office and had a major break down, then had to take a nerve pill to calm down so that I could get back to work.
I was told that I could sue her for:
Public Humiliation, Mental Anguish, and Depravation of Character.
Is this true?
Please help.:confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">