• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Excessive Drama!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mendozm1

I have an employee is has missed a total of 3 days this week and 2 days last week because of lack of transportation. Today, she left voicemail and decided to take it upon herself to "take the rest of the week off" due to lack of transp. I have decided to terminate her for attendance problems, lack of productivity due to lack of performance when she is and is not here, incompetence because I have realized while she has been gone that her work has not been completed, and possible misconduct. Is taking it upon herself to decide to take the week off without my permission or acceptance considered MISCONDUCT???

She is a genius at unemployment, so I want to make sure that she is not able to claim it for this situation... what do I do?????

*TEXAS Business Owner

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You provide the unemployment office with all the pertinent information and let them take it from there. There is nothing you can do to guarantee that she does not get benefits; that decision belongs to the state. All you can do is make sure they have all the relevant information and state your case, if it comes to that, as firmly as possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">