• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exempt Employee change in conditions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bcameron

I have worked for my current employer in Alaska as an 'Exempt' employee for over 12 years for an annual salary.

My employer has recently decided that all employees at this site are being paid a 'premium' for working here and that any time for business travel (including another location within the company) would be paid at a reduced rate and salaries would now be paid on a daily basis rather than annual.

In my time with the company, there has never been any previous mention of the 'premium' rate.

The employer is also drafting a new employee agreement which acknowledges the acceptance of the 'premium' rate and daily salary. The statement has been made that by NOT signing the agreement, the employee effectively terminates himself.

Is this legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">