• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Exempt/non-exempt status

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

marrans5

sorry I boo boo'd

Thank you for replying. I am an M.I.T. for a franchised restaurant. I make $450 a week($90 a day) for 5/10+hr days. When scheduled for 4 day week I only receive $360, yet when scheduled 6+, I was scheduled for12 straight once, I get $450. I work several12+ hr days and receive no O.T. compensation. My duties include cash/safe management, clocking employees in/out and filling in where needed. I have no authority to hire/fire and can make no operational change decisions. I average 2 hrs a day in paperwork and will be asked to write an occasional food order. When the offer of the (90 day max) MIT program was offered I was told that I would receive a $100 a week raise and a promotion to Asst. Manager upon completion. I'm starting my 8th month since then and no increase or promo. I also can find no web site that might explain the duties required to dictate Exempt or Non-Exempt. Any answers

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">