• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Expatriate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zeeare1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California. My residence is in North Carolina, I am employed by a company in California. They are a Contractor for the Government (Military). I am currently overseas. I arrived in country on 27 November 2009. Due to personal problems I have to resign from the company. The company says that since I have been here less than 60 days, I have to pay my way back to my home. Is this correct? Under the contract it states that the compnay is responsible to get us to BWI and then the government will provide transportation to the overseas location and back. There is no stipulation in the contract that says anything about 60 days.

I was in country less than 60 days.
I am quitting the company.
Am I responsible to get to the U.S. or is the company/government responsible to get me to the U.S.?

pattytx

Do you actually have a contract with the employer? If so, normally I would suggest you have the contract reviewed by a NC attorney; however, that's not possible for you at the moment. At this point, I would worry about getting home first, then worry about whether you're going to get reimbursed.

Zeeare1

I have a "Hire Letter". The last paragraph states that "I understand and agree that this offer of employment does not constitute a contract with *** and that my employment with *** is At-Will."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">