• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to pay wages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

Nicoletta

The company my husband works for has failed to pay wages for a considerable amount of time. He is a W-2 full-time salaried employee - his company is based in Utah - he works in Texas. My husband has asked about being paid - the company keeps saying that money will be coming in and that they will be paid soon, now he has written a demand letter for the backpay but of course no response and his calls are not being returned by the person who handles finances. My question is - what is the next step? If we file with the Texas Workforce Commission - will that hold us back if we decide to file suit against the company? Unfortunately, since he has not been paid in a considerable amount of time, our financial situation is holding us back from laying out $10k retainers at this time, but it may be possible in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">