• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Failure to send me insurance termination letter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floridamom73

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? FL
I was terminated back on Jan 7th. My employer offered me coverage for Health Insurance as part of my severance package until March 31st. They never said anything about terminating my dental insurance (all used to be part of the same package while I worked there for 18months). It happens that they stopped my Dental plan in January and never sent me a letter with that info. I did some dental work not knowing I had no more coverage. Now I'm sitting on a $1000 bill, and they said I was advised about. Any suggestions? Is this worth to fill a complain? thanks.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

It is ultimately the responsibility of the person receiving care to verify they are covered before the work is done.

How are they saying they notified you? Did your severance agreement specifically say Dental would be continued? Did you get the COBRA notification for the Dental coverage? (assuming they were required to send one to you)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">