• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Accuations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mickmill

False Accusations

What is the name of your state? NC

I am a cna an work the night shift in an assisted liveing facality. Today i answered the phone to have my boss telling me a pt has accused me of slapping her. I have never touched a pt . i had gone into her room twice to try to get her out of bed pulling her covers off explaing it was time to get up an moved the pillow from under her leggs. both times she started verbal abuse i left the room after the second time an never returned. I had at no point touched her in anyway shape or form. i have been suspended for 3 days while they invistgate. there were no marks on her an she kept telling them not to fire me. when they asked why no mark she replied i slaped her softly. i told them i would be glad to take a poly test . both times i was in her room all lights were on an her door was wide open. my question is what should i do from here an if i am found innocent should i return to work if im found guilty they will take my lic for something i havent done, what should my actions be from this point?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You should cooperate fully with the investigation. BTW, your willingness to take a polygraph speaks well of you but there are only very limited circumstances in which an employer is permitted by law to give one to an employee and this is not one of those circumstances.

If you are returned to work, no harm done. If you are not, you might at that time want to consider discussing your options with a local attorney.

Even if they fire you, that does not automatically mean that your license will be taken away.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">