• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accusation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

grace4me

I work for a public agency in California. I have been employed there for 1 1/2 yers, with the first year w/o problems. My supervisor and I were friends for most of my employment. I began to have problems with the Manager and was doing some bad mouthing to the supervisor (which went along with it for a while). My supervisor friend then stopped being my friend without any info. I later figured out why she did not want to be friends. She accused me of intimidating/threatening her for not giving me the answer i wanted in regards to work. I was written up for this inicident and began counselling to help with the negative feelings I had and have stopped all negative talk or actions. Everything seemed fine until I was told that I had to move desks for playing "games" with my supervisor...I did nothing! Yesterday I was called into HR and told that I am being accusing of making harrassing phone calls to the supervisor's home and she also received a letter stating threating things. I have denied both and even offered my phone records and any typwriters I have to prove that I did not type the letter. I have now been suspended for 3 days with pay "pending an investigation". Can I be fired for this if they cannot find out who wrote it? Can they fire without proof?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">