• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False accusations on background checks?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magnum V8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not.

About 10 years ago, I was falsely accused of inappropriate conduct with a child by way of a domestic issue. I cooperated with Child Services and was interviewed by them on two occasions. Nothing ever came of it. No arrest, no charges.

Now I do volunteer work and they want to do a background check on all involved. Will this incident show up in the background check?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no possible way for us to give you a hard and fast answer to that. What shows in a background check, any background check, depends entirely on how deep and thorough the check is. All background checks are not created equal.

But if there was no arrest and no charges, it seems unlikely.

Magnum V8

There is no possible way for us to give you a hard and fast answer to that. What shows in a background check, any background check, depends entirely on how deep and thorough the check is. All background checks are not created equal.

But if there was no arrest and no charges, it seems unlikely.
I understand.

Maybe you could answer a general question for me about background checks. Are only public records available to background checks? If that were the case, then it would seem to me that because my situation went no further than questioning, it wouldn't be a matter of public record. Of course, I am beyond ignorant of how these sorts of things work.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It depends on who is doing the checking. If it's a law enforcement agency, for example, they can see just about everything, sealed, unsealed, charged, uncharged, whatever. If it's the employer running his own check, he'll probably only see public records. If it's someone in between....well, you get the idea.

I wish I could tell you there is no possible way that no one, ever, running a check on you for the rest of your life will ever see what happened, but I cannot in truth tell you that. All I can tell you is that in the circumstances you have described as being imminent, it is unlikely that they will show.

Magnum V8

It depends on who is doing the checking. If it's a law enforcement agency, for example, they can see just about everything, sealed, unsealed, charged, uncharged, whatever. If it's the employer running his own check, he'll probably only see public records. If it's someone in between....well, you get the idea.

I wish I could tell you there is no possible way that no one, ever, running a check on you for the rest of your life will ever see what happened, but I cannot in truth tell you that. All I can tell you is that in the circumstances you have described as being imminent, it is unlikely that they will show.
Thanks. Believe me, I understand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">