• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False employment application information.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

INGJROD60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
Does anybody know if is illegal to provide false information in an application for employment with the Dept of Defense?
I just found out that a retired military officer I knew used my company's name and information to get a job with the DoD.
How can I report this violation?
Thanks,

sandyclaus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Nevada
Does anybody know if is illegal to provide false information in an application for employment with the Dept of Defense?
I just found out that a retired military officer I knew used my company's name and information to get a job with the DoD.
How can I report this violation?
Thanks,
What exactly do you hope to accomplish?

If he claimed to have worked for your company, there would have to be some record of it. Depending on what kind of position he ended up getting with the DoD, he may have needed some kind of security clearance, which usually requires a pretty thorough check of ALL application information. If they checked his credentials and employment history, then someone from YOUR company would have had to vouch for his employment there.

Sounds to me like the problem isn't as much with this person claiming your company as a past employer, but with someone in your own organization backing up the false claims.

swalsh411

When you say your company do you mean the company you work for or the company you own?

Either way, how have you or this company been harmed?

Betty

How did you just find out?

Anyway, as another responder asked, what do you want to accomplish by reporting this?

csi7

1. It takes a long time to complete the checks, and as stated, if the retired military officer has someone in the company willing to validate the employment information, no one investigating would feel the need to check further into the details.

2. How do you know that the information was provided on the employment application, which is submitted on-line?

3. I also wonder what you hope to resolve by reporting this violation?

Just Blue

If you are retarded, then do so. Also, you can be imprisoned by providing false information to the government while attempting to obtain employment or worse, security clearance. The disclaimer is right there on the application! dimwit.
Sorry to feed the troll Folks. BUT I jus' has ta know...:p

fdsgeghse, Please provide stat's or case law to back up this "advice", Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If you are retarded, then do so. Also, you can be imprisoned by providing false information to the government while attempting to obtain employment or worse, security clearance. The disclaimer is right there on the application! dimwit.
Could you be any more insulting?

Sorry to feed the troll Folks. BUT I jus' has ta know...:p

fdsgeghse, Please provide stat's or case law to back up this "advice", Thanks!
Since the troll is busy and several uninformed Senior Members have taken an interest in this old post, I'll refer you to 18 U.S.C. § 1001. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">