• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is false information senn as defamation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob4561

Unjustly Terminated

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I was terminated from my company. I was sited for an incident that had happened. The first one I had admitted to and then not 5 minutes later another co worker had done the same thing and I was sited for both incidents.
I went to work the next day for a meeting where I informed my project manager and other co workers that I was only the blame of one of them. W hen I returned to work on Monday I was sent home with an incident report stating I performed both the incidents I again informed them I had nothing to do with the second one. After the meeting I was told no disciplinary action was going to be take. Now with that said I was put on suspension with no pay or per diem while the investigation went on.
In the field of work I do a Whole Body Count is required when entering and exitng the job site. I received certified paperwork in the mail the day after I was terminated and in less time than possible to travel to the Fermi to get the Body Count done. After all this I was told because I did not show up for it I would no longer be able to work for the company on any other furture contracts.
Theworst thing about it is..... the other co worker who infact was liable for the other incident is still employed at the job site with the same company.
Any information on whether I have a case ??
I contacted a lawyer and was told it could be pusued I just want to know if it is worth it? Thanks.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">