• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false pretense hiring/wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bluescrubs

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia
I was hired to do home health for a client that was on medicare waiver program. I feel that I was hired under false pretenses.THe Clients POA enticed me with verbal contracts of getting paid $10. per hour and a long duration of employment. She even got rid of another girl so she could have me exclusively (her choice).I feel that she had hired me, with no intentions of paying for the services I was providing, there was always an excuse or a new twist from her as to why she should not pay me the hours I worked. She was very verbally abusive when she would get caught in one of her lies by CCD. Mrs Farud also claimed services she was not entitled to such as disposable urinary pads were not used by the client but were obtained and used by Mrs Frauds dog. These were paid and shipped to her by medicaid . She claimed the client was homebound and could do nothing for herself when that was not true. The client would would tell all to the visiting nurse or therapist that she goes out to dinner, went to the park etc, and then I would be told, the woman had no right to that information. I was always being told about the neighbors knowing the latest about the clients condition. I told Mrs Fraud to quit posting it on Facebook, they werent getting it from me. At 54 yrs of age I was the oldest and least paid of her care providers but had the most experience. Under the Waiver program I would be paid 120 hrs/mo @$10.00 per hour by CDD LLC (MADE UP NAME) and Mrs Fraud the clients POA , would be responsible for hours over the allottment. Mrs Fraud , after services rendered had every intention of not paying. I contacted CDD , they said it wasnt there problem. Mrs Fraud decided that she was only going to pay , after hiring me $200.00 for unlimited hours per month. I refused since she was wanting 60- 80 hours. Mrs Fraud told me that she had spoken with CDD and they said that any hours not covered in there plan, that I should consider salary. I contacted SDD they said they did not tell her that. they contacted her and she came back cussing and screaming at me . Another attempt at her not paying was, I wasnt Christian enough for her, or I would be giving her the hours for free. Another attempt was, she didnt feel that I should be paid while the client was sleeping (something this client will do alot of as disease progression). Several times she tried to get me to committ Medicaid fraud, I called CDD I was told that I would have been in trouble not her. The handbook clearly states..but she would always say she talked to CDD and they said to do it. Then came more verbal abuse. She went to CDD and told them I was over charging her at least 40 hrs per month illegally. She came to me and told me she contacted them and told them I was illegally charging her for Travel time. and they told her that I could not charge her for travel time, thus knocking of 40+hrs a month. I informed her I was not billing her for travel time, I live 6 doors away. Mrs Fraud didnt think I should get paid for her travel time to and from work, since she doesnt get paid for it. She refused to pay me any more than $200.00 per month for unlimited hours (60-80 hrs over what CDD would pay. I was a Bitch, How dare I expect to be paid, since I am single and living by myself, and instead of sitting at my house doing nothing, I should be watching the client for free. Always with "If you were a true christian". She would harass me at my home. I mean banging on my door when I was off demanding that I jump on the days I was off. She harassed me on the phone with txt messages and threats of legal action if I didnt answer her. I never missed a day, I was never late and I was treated as garbage. a week before I was fired she said to me that she wanted me to stay, the client loved me and she was very satisfied with my work. She said I took excellent care of her. I had told her that I would continue with the CDD hours but since paying me out her pocket was always an issue, perhaps she could find someone else, as I could not afford to give her all the hours for $200.00 flat rate, even though she faxed papers to CDD telling them I would, which was a lie. The following friday, after working she fired me without any notice at all. (It took all of 5 min for her to hand me my coffee cup and say see ya). She said I am not going to pay you your demands. I had told her I would not take less than $5.00 hr on the overage. She refused, it was going to be $200.00 unlimited hrs or Free . I feel that she fired me because I was not christian enough for her to give her the time for free (her statements).so I was let go for that as well as retaliation for my verification of Mrs Frauds demands that were not CDD law. She once again triend to keep me from getting paid because she said "she needed that money for her new girl" This new girl does not Work more than 6 hrs per day and is paid by CDD . Mrs Fraud does not get or make her do the over time hours/nor does she pay for them.
Also while employed by her, Mrs Fraud was to send my ID information to CDD. She did but she also opened 2 accounts in my name, forged my name on several documents, and impersonated me at the DMV. and who knows where else ( I have proof) CDD said its not their problem even thouugh she acted as their agent in securing the ID for employment .
Help!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Last edited:

justalayman

I kind of read through it. May have missed things due to the difficulty in reading it.

bottom line:

call the police and report the use of your identity for whatever uses you know about. Contact whatever businesses you know of that she impersonated you and alert them to the possible illegal actions.

plan in suing her for anything you are owed

Hot Topic

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? West Virginia
I was hired to do home health for a client that was on medicare waiver program. I feel that I was hired under false pretenses.THe Clients POA enticed me with verbal contracts of getting paid $10. per hour and a long duration of employment. She even got rid of another girl so she could have me exclusively (her choice).I feel that she had hired me, with no intentions of paying for the services I was providing, there was always an excuse or a new twist from her as to why she should not pay me the hours I worked. She was very verbally abusive when she would get caught in one of her lies by CCD. Mrs Farud also claimed services she was not entitled to such as disposable urinary pads were not used by the client but were obtained and used by Mrs Frauds dog. These were paid and shipped to her by medicaid . She claimed the client was homebound and could do nothing for herself when that was not true. The client would would tell all to the visiting nurse or therapist that she goes out to dinner, went to the park etc, and then I would be told, the woman had no right to that information. I was always being told about the neighbors knowing the latest about the clients condition. I told Mrs Fraud to quit posting it on Facebook, they werent getting it from me. At 54 yrs of age I was the oldest and least paid of her care providers but had the most experience. Under the Waiver program I would be paid 120 hrs/mo @$10.00 per hour by CDD LLC (MADE UP NAME) and Mrs Fraud the clients POA , would be responsible for hours over the allottment. Mrs Fraud , after services rendered had every intention of not paying. I contacted CDD , they said it wasnt there problem. Mrs Fraud decided that she was only going to pay , after hiring me $200.00 for unlimited hours per month. I refused since she was wanting 60- 80 hours. Mrs Fraud told me that she had spoken with CDD and they said that any hours not covered in there plan, that I should consider salary. I contacted SDD they said they did not tell her that. they contacted her and she came back cussing and screaming at me . Another attempt at her not paying was, I wasnt Christian enough for her, or I would be giving her the hours for free. Another attempt was, she didnt feel that I should be paid while the client was sleeping (something this client will do alot of as disease progression). Several times she tried to get me to committ Medicaid fraud, I called CDD I was told that I would have been in trouble not her. The handbook clearly states..but she would always say she talked to CDD and they said to do it. Then came more verbal abuse. She went to CDD and told them I was over charging her at least 40 hrs per month illegally. She came to me and told me she contacted them and told them I was illegally charging her for Travel time. and they told her that I could not charge her for travel time, thus knocking of 40+hrs a month. I informed her I was not billing her for travel time, I live 6 doors away. Mrs Fraud didnt think I should get paid for her travel time to and from work, since she doesnt get paid for it. She refused to pay me any more than $200.00 per month for unlimited hours (60-80 hrs over what CDD would pay. I was a Bitch, How dare I expect to be paid, since I am single and living by myself, and instead of sitting at my house doing nothing, I should be watching the client for free. Always with "If you were a true christian". She would harass me at my home. I mean banging on my door when I was off demanding that I jump on the days I was off. She harassed me on the phone with txt messages and threats of legal action if I didnt answer her. I never missed a day, I was never late and I was treated as garbage. a week before I was fired she said to me that she wanted me to stay, the client loved me and she was very satisfied with my work. She said I took excellent care of her. I had told her that I would continue with the CDD hours but since paying me out her pocket was always an issue, perhaps she could find someone else, as I could not afford to give her all the hours for $200.00 flat rate, even though she faxed papers to CDD telling them I would, which was a lie. The following friday, after working she fired me without any notice at all. (It took all of 5 min for her to hand me my coffee cup and say see ya). She said I am not going to pay you your demands. I had told her I would not take less than $5.00 hr on the overage. She refused, it was going to be $200.00 unlimited hrs or Free . I feel that she fired me because I was not christian enough for her to give her the time for free (her statements).so I was let go for that as well as retaliation for my verification of Mrs Frauds demands that were not CDD law. She once again triend to keep me from getting paid because she said "she needed that money for her new girl" This new girl does not Work more than 6 hrs per day and is paid by CDD . Mrs Fraud does not get or make her do the over time hours/nor does she pay for them.
Also while employed by her, Mrs Fraud was to send my ID information to CDD. She did but she also opened 2 accounts in my name, forged my name on several documents, and impersonated me at the DMV. and who knows where else ( I have proof) CDD said its not their problem even thouugh she acted as their agent in securing the ID for employment .
Help!What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

It's hard to feel sorry for someone who stays in a situation like the one you describe. I don't believe that any normal person would.

If your charges of forgery and impersonation were true, you would immediately have contacted the police, then followed up with CDD.

commentator

Yes, you are about however long you worked there minus the first fifteen minutes overdue to have quit this job. Why would anyone stay in a situation like this? And hang around long enough to be terminated? I can't tell enough from all this pother to tell if you were a legimate employee with taxes taken out on you and a W-2, where you actually worked for a company, or if you were working for cash under the table, or as some sort of very unofficial contractor. If you were, you have no rights, no minimum wage requirements, etc.

But even if you were working for cash you shoulda coulda known not to work if you're not getting paid the agreed upon money. Who did you THINK was supposed to come in and save you, the government? Nope. As for the woman stealing your identity, duh! Press charges! You could also attempt to report these people for what sounds like some sort of Medicare fraud. It's not christian to be this way and let someone take terrible advantage of you, just stupid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">