• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Report in Violence in the Workplace.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmym78

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was fired bassed on a three friends that work together stating that they
were violently threathen they went as far as filling it with the local police and with that copy went to my employer and got me fired. I was there boss and was falsely accused of this. I spoke to a dectective and she was attempting to obtain a statement via phone. Of course this det. did not tell me that. I m pretty confident that i can provide fellow staff that i supervised to speak on my behalf as far as character, and behaviour actions that might shine a better light on me. What can i do as far as seeking out the trueth, I lost a good job on account of this. Does any one know??? let me know??:confused:

pattytx

Your employer is not a court of law and the "rules of evidence" do not apply. Obviously your employer thought it credible enough based on three individuals filing a police report. Don't know what else to tell you.

Beth3

Agreed. Having colleagues or subordinates attest to your good character does not mean the incident did not occur. If your employer chose to believe the three employees who said you threatened them, they may.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">