• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsely Accused of stealing!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

las365

Caddylady, welcome to the forum. Please give a look at the dates of the posts before you respond. This thread has been dead for five years.

kjizzle

Am I correct that you were working for days inn and for a little over a month? How did you lose your checking account and 5000? That sounds ?

mrosenlund

Speak to a lawyer

At will or not, you CANNOT be fired for being FALSELY accused of stealing. There are exceptions to the rule of at will employees. If they had no proof that you stole, they should not have accused you to begin with. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. I am an attorney in Massachusetts. This is a defamation case. Please speak to a lawyer soon. The statute of limitations is 2 years.

lealea1005

At will or not, you CANNOT be fired for being FALSELY accused of stealing. There are exceptions to the rule of at will employees. If they had no proof that you stole, they should not have accused you to begin with. THIS IS A BIG DEAL. I am an attorney in Massachusetts. This is a defamation case. Please speak to a lawyer soon. The statute of limitations is 2 years.

Hellllloooooooooooooo!! Have you NOT read the previous posts? The OP isn't even a member anymore!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Since the OP posted this in 2003, and since the statute of limitations is 2 years, just exactly what do you think contacting an attorney in 2008 is going to do?

Read the friggin' thread, counselor. It was mentioned several times that the thread was five years old.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">