• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Family Medical Leave Act

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Christa Lynn

My company has the Family Medical Leave Act.
I found out I was pregnant in December of 1999. When I asked about filing for FMLA, I was told by my supervisor not to worry about it until I was closer to my due date (July '00). I did fill out my request for FMLA on May 3rd, at that time not experiencing any problems due to the pregnancy. After filing my request I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes and anemia. I was absent from work off and on after that due to illness. After returning to work after a 6 week maternity leave, I was told that all of my missed time would be recorded as "unscheduled" according to my company's policy. This will affect my merit review for a pay raise next year. Had I known that I needed to file the additional information in writing about my gestational diabetes, I would have had my physician document this information. My supervisors were well aware of my condition and illnesses related to this. After inquiring if they would go back and review the additional information regarding my condition, they said it was too late. Do I have any other courses of action? I don't want my employment record tarnished because of an oversight. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">