• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fao Cbj

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

craigoneil

What is the name of your state? FLORIDA

I've done some homework and have found a statute that covers unpaid commissions.

686.201 Sales representative contracts involving commissions; requirements; termination of agreement; civil remedies.--

Problem. This Statute seems to cover sales people for companies with places of busines outisde the state of Florida.

Now I am lost, Florida has a statute in relation to companies outisde the state of Florida and not one for companies for inside the state of Florida? Am I missing something here and can you help me get to the right information covering requirement of Florida companies to pay their employees commissions after termination.

Thanks in advance
Craig O'Neil

Beth3

Craig, the likely easiest thing for you to do is to give Florida's Department of Workforce Innovation (their DOL) a call and ask for clarification on this issue.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">