• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Employee Wrongful Term. question?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dude99

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Ok, I'll try to make this as brief as possible.

I work for the TSA (Federal Employee, full tenure). 8 Months ago I was put on Annual Leave Restriction. Basically, when you're on ALR you have to bring in a Doctor's note anytime you call out sick (wether you have sick time available to you or not) and you have a harder time getting your annual leave requests approved. Since my situation centers around this ALR document here is some backgroud on it:

A) When I was put on ALR my screening manager said she did not want to put me on it but the HR person here at our airport said she had to. My screening manager admits to having never given me any kind of counseling prior to being put on leave restriction and the 3d line of the ALR document says "You have been previously counseled concerning your violation of leave procedures, excessive and /or unscheduled use of leave." Again, my screening manager (basically my main supervisor) admits this did not happen but says she was told she had to put me on ALR anyway.

B) I was put on ALR on July 7th 2003--over 8 months ago. Section 6 of the ALR document states: "Your leave record will be reviewed during the next 2 months to determine if these restrictions should remain in effect, be modified or withdrawn." In the 8 months that I have been on ALR I have no knowledge of ever having had a review of my case.

That's the situation. I have been told now that I am being processed for termination due to "excessive absenses while on Annual Leave Restriction". As a first line supervisor myself I know of at least 5 individuals working here that have much more AWOL time than myself while on ALR. Those people are not being seperated but I am. If I were not on leave restiction then the time I've taken off recently (to care for my son when my wife had to work overtime and we had no way of getting childcare) would not have been a problem--it would have been taken out of my sick leave pool and nobody would have said two words about it. I feel like the TSA management in my situation did not follow thier own policies when I was put on ALR, did not follow thier policies during the time I was on ALR and are now being selective by firing me while allow people with far worse records to stay. Do I have a case? Thanks in advance for all your help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">