• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Federal Firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Casilee

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
I was recently terminated by the federal government following a complaint that I had a relationship with a subordinate. I was never his supervisor nor did I ever work in a position of authority over him. After approximately 2 years, I ended the relationship in February of this year. Since we were no longer involved I decided to bid my next 6 month rotation in his department. I have senority therefore I chose first during the bid. When he saw this he took it upon himself to sign under me then went to management to turn me in so I would be removed from that department. There were a number of other teams he could have signed up for. He then accused me of threatening and harrassing him which are both blatant lies. I have provided management with proof of his character and still I was terminated. I am female. Where I work there are numerous male supervisors in relationships with women the have direct supervsion over and these men never were even talked to or questioned. Only me. My record is spotless. My recertification scores are high. I have NEVER been disciplined for anything. Does anyone else think I was wrongfully terminated?

moburkes

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania.
I was recently terminated by the federal government following a complaint that I had a relationship with a subordinate. I was never his supervisor nor did I ever work in a position of authority over him. After approximately 2 years, I ended the relationship in February of this year. Since we were no longer involved I decided to bid my next 6 month rotation in his department. I have senority therefore I chose first during the bid. When he saw this he took it upon himself to sign under me then went to management to turn me in so I would be removed from that department. There were a number of other teams he could have signed up for. He then accused me of threatening and harrassing him which are both blatant lies. I have provided management with proof of his character and still I was terminated. I am female. Where I work there are numerous male supervisors in relationships with women the have direct supervsion over and these men never were even talked to or questioned. Only me. My record is spotless. My recertification scores are high. I have NEVER been disciplined for anything. Does anyone else think I was wrongfully terminated?
Are you able to prove that they were never questioned? But, no, I don't think so.

Beth3

Where I work there are numerous male supervisors in relationships with women the have direct supervsion over and these men never were even talked to or questioned. Only me. My record is spotless. My recertification scores are high. I have NEVER been disciplined for anything. Does anyone else think I was wrongfully terminated?

Okay - but did any of the subordinates ever complain of sexual harassment by their superior? That seems to be the difference here - your ex-boyfriend complained that you were threatening and harassing him and presumably these others did not. I don't see a claim for wrongful termination.

P.S. This is why it is virtually always a bad idea to get involved with a co-worker. You just don't know what the future will hold.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">