• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Labor Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbc

What is the name of your state? Alabama

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask this question but could not find any other place. I work on a federal contract. Contract just recently changed and taken over by a new company. I work for a subcontractor for the main contractor. We have been employed for almost a month and have not received an employee handbook or a code of ethics handbook. The only thing we received during orientation was some "copies" of some of the pages from the handbook and was told the handbook was being printed. Everytime we ask about the handbook we do not get a response and told that everything we need is in the "copies". I am trying to find a website that states that it is against the law for a company on a federal contract not to give their employees an employee handbook or a code of ethics handbook. Any help would be much appreciated.

Beth3

"I am trying to find a website that states that it is against the law for a company on a federal contract not to give their employees an employee handbook or a code of ethics handbook" I doubt such a site exits. You're still working in the private sector - even though on a federal contract - and with a very few specific exceptions (such as mandatory drug testing), the "rules of the road" for the private sector still apply.

mbc

What does that mean? That they are not required by law to give their employees an employee handbook or a code of ethics handbook?

Beth3

Correct. There are no laws in the private sector that require an employer to have an employee handbook, an ethics handbook, or any written rules whatsoever, for that matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">