• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fellow employees conduct

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

golfbeck

i work for a government agency in missouri. it appears that someone on our staff has been targeted for reprimand, suspension or dismissal. an informal investigation is taking place. i do not know who they are looking for, but i can guess. each person on our staff has been questioned privately regarding any possible violations of policy and procedure that they have witnessed. my question is, how much information am i legally bound to provide to my supervisor when asked open ended questions like have you ever witnessed any staff member do or say anything that might offend someone?
thanks

L

loku

investigation

You are not legally bound to answer any questions; however, failure to cooperate COULD BE insubordination, and that is a grounds for dismissal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">