• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A Felon who needs to find a job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbc2972

What is the name of your state?Texas

I would like to know if anyone can help me find a list of jobs for person who have felonies?

Please Help!!

HappyHusband

dbc2972 said:
What is the name of your state?Texas

I would like to know if anyone can help me find a list of jobs for person who have felonies?

Please Help!!
I do not know of any jobs that require you to have a felony conviction.
Try TWC.

usaohol

Jobs

Are you on probation, if so your probation officer should be able to provide you with a list of local companies that are willing to hire a convicted felon.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There is no such thing as a list of jobs for people who have felonies. It's up to the individual employer whether to hire a felon or not.

You may also want to check with relatives and friends that know you well and see if they can get you a job at their place of employment and/or be your reference for another place. Landing that first job will be the hardest but if you're diligent and honest someone should give you a chance. Keep trying and good luck!

Last edited:

dbc2972

Texas. I want know of any jobs that will hire a person if they have a felony on their record and if so I wanted to know where to look, if there is a list of companies that do.

Thank you.

Beth3

dbc, no such list exists. It's up to each individual employer. Plus "felony" covers a LOT of legal territory. How much of a problem your prior conviction will pose depends considerably upon the type of crime of which you were convicted* and how recently.

Many employers are understandably leery of applicants who were convicted of violent crimes and crimes involving drugs, especially manufacturing or selling.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">