• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Final Commission check is short I think

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kjh642

I recently have left a position to which compensation was salary and commission...It was agreed that I would be paid commissions through a certain day...no big deal...

Here's the situation, my commissions are based specifically on profit margins...and once recieving my check, it was a nice chunk lower than what I had expected...I was told my profit % was lower than usual....

Can I demand some sort of report stating that I don't agree with...I'm not saying that they are cheating me...but as I say...what's mine is mine and if you owe me...pay up...if they don't owe me that's fine....

any help would be greatly appreciated
thanks

B

buddy2bear

Send them a certified mail, return receipt requested, letter setting forth what you think they owe you and how you arrived at that figure. Make sure that you specify by what date you expect to receive either their reply or a check in the amount you believe is due you. If the date comes with no check or explanation, then depending on the amount you say they owe you -- check with small claims court on their limit and if the amount owed you is within their parameters -- file in small claims court. When you go to court, make sure you take all your paperwork with you. Suing someone is easy, it's the collection after getting a judgment that is hard and you might have to hire a collection agency/lawyer. If it is a relatively small amount that they owe you, you will have to decide if it is worth your time and trouble. Either way, you can use this as a learning experience with our lovely court system.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">