• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

final pay -employer says he won't pay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skipper

my husband has been remotely managing some computer servers for a company in CALIFORNIA (we are in ARIZONA) since the begining of April. In July he took 1/2 salary for 2 pay periods, because funding fell through (it is a start-up company) and then resumed full pay. The company was opening a call center 1 hour from our residence ( a different town) & asked to move us to the city where the call center would be. The company moved us at the begining of Sept. and paid for rental deposits & was suppossed to pay for moving costs (rental of U-haul, gas, etc) The company ALSO had my husband use our PERSONAL line to make calls to clients in Calif. & would pay us for the phone bill. the call center was to be ready at begining of Sept. But wasn't & my husband continued to work from home - still using OUR phone to make calls ( tech support call backs). Receipts were sent to the company & we have not gotten refunded. Also, in mid september the owner told my husband that a member of the Board wanted to fire my husband and had continually brought up the issue at board meeting & that now one other board member was also wanting to fire him. The owner asked my husband to hire additional tech support staff & train them. The week the new 'guy' was to start the owner asked my husband NOT to come to the office, to please work from home, because the board member who dislikes my husband was going to be in the office. My husband obliged & worked from home two days, then resumed working at the office, trained the new guy for 3 days. That friday afternoon, my husband accepted an offer from a company in another state & the following Monday, when asked to take 1/2 salary again, told the office manager that the upcoming Friday would be his last day & to please have the owner call him. The owner called him upset & told him he wanted 2 weeks. My husband said he could not do this, especially for 1/2 pay & that Friday would be his last day, but that he would be available to the new guy for emergencies. The owner then refused to accept calls & did not respond to e-mails from my husband. That wednesday, my husband was asked NOT to return to work. The previous wedensday was the end of the 2 week pay period & should have gotten paid on Friday for that time. He also worked 1 week after that & had submitted receipts (moving & phone). His check was to have been directed deposited & it was not. He called to see why & was told that becasue the company was switching PAyroll companies the checks were being mailed on that very day (friday). On tuesday, no check had arrived and my husband called the company. He was told that the payroll company had messed up & that it could be anywhere form a few days to a few weeks before it was straightened out. Last night, the owner called my husband & told him he would NOT be getting paid for his last three weeks nor for phone etc, because my husband had worked the 2 weeks the company wanted him to & because the compnay had moved us & now we were leaving. What are we entilted to, & how do we go about getting paid.

ALawyer

File a complaint with the Arizona Department of Labor and if needed, sue them in small claims court.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">