• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

financial penalty against anyone by the job agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tajinder Mann

What is the name of your state? arizona

can my job agency go for some financial penalty against me, if i plan to leave the job before some certain period?
actually i signed a contract which says that i will have to pay 30000$ if i leave the job before 36 months.
i dont want to work anymore and i want to go overseas due to some personal problems. i am so depressed because of this, that i have to seek medial help for this.
can i do something as i dont have so much finances. and moreover i dont like the workplace either.

HomeGuru

Tajinder Mann said:
What is the name of your state? arizona

can my job agency go for some financial penalty against me, if i plan to leave the job before some certain period?
actually i signed a contract which says that i will have to pay 30000$ if i leave the job before 36 months.
i dont want to work anymore and i want to go overseas due to some personal problems. i am so depressed because of this, that i have to seek medial help for this.
can i do something as i dont have so much finances. and moreover i dont like the workplace either.

**A: you basically answered your own question.

Tajinder Mann said:
caqn you please be clear what you meant by that?
plz help me as i am in real trouble; and moreover unable to understand anything.
If you signed a contract saying that you would pay them xxxx amount of money for them placing you in that position then you still have to pay them, if you do not complete the terms of the contract. I once had a recruiter offer me a job after I paid them 3000 bucks to get the job and I would still pay them that money if I was fired, quit, or left for some other reason .... I told them no way.

You signed it so be prepared to pay up or stay....

justalayman

Tajinder Mann said:
QUOTE]

I sure hope he meant something more in the line of $3000. If he paid 30k I would presume it is a very well paid job and that makes OP's last line sound terribly odd. I guess if he forgot the decimal point it could have meant $300.

In any case;
you signed the line to earn the dime
now pay the man or look like slime :D

Nocgirl

you might want to see an employment law attorney to see if there are any loop holes in the contract you might be able to use.

That is about the only recourse you may have. If you quit they can sue you for breach of contract. Whether or not they will win is a different story.

justalayman

HomeGuru said:
$300, $3000 or $30000, it makes no difference. A contract is a contract.
Not disagreeing here.

Just noting that if it was 30k it would probably be a well paying job. Just seems that most people that would consider 30k for head hunting would tend to understand the ramifications of the contract as well. The writing of the post tends to lead me to believe this is not a grad school grad.

HomeGuru

justalayman said:
Not disagreeing here.

Just noting that if it was 30k it would probably be a well paying job. Just seems that most people that would consider 30k for head hunting would tend to understand the ramifications of the contract as well. The writing of the post tends to lead me to believe this is not a grad school grad.

**A: what? The writer does not have a PHD?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">