• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fired?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Logger

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have a problem with my superviser, who I was told by the boss/businessowner does not have the power to fire me! The other day he sent me home and said he would talk to the owner about firing me, but neither owner nor superviser have told me I was fired. So I came to work today and the superviser sent me home again "I want you to go home" were his exact words! Am I fired??

Beth3

Am I fired?? I don't know. At the very least, your supervisor doesn't want you at work until further notice. It's fair to assume he's going to talk to the business owner about firing you.

Logger

Does that mean, that I don't have to go to work until either I am called to appear back at work or until I am told I am fired?

Logger

Beeing fired, what is legally required of my employer: does he have to give me the termination in writing and at what time can I expect my last paycheck?

pattytx

Upon termination in NC, you must receive your final paycheck no later than the next regular payday. Accrued vacation must be paid upon termination if the company policy provides for it and the employee has not been notified in advance of any forfeit; for example, if the company requires two weeks notice or loss of vacation and the employee did not give the required notice.
http://www.dol.state.nc.us/laborlaws01.pdf pages 20 and 22.

Beth3

Does that mean, that I don't have to go to work until either I am called to appear back at work or until I am told I am fired? YES. In the meantime, I suggest you start looking for another job. Your continued employment where you are doesn't look too promising.

HomeGuru

Logger said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have a problem with my superviser, who I was told by the boss/businessowner does not have the power to fire me! The other day he sent me home and said he would talk to the owner about firing me, but neither owner nor superviser have told me I was fired. So I came to work today and the superviser sent me home again "I want you to go home" were his exact words! Am I fired??

**A: see, that's what I like about Donald Trump; he just tells you so you don't have to guess. Smart man.

Logger

Well, now I have been dumb enough to talk to my employer(female) and to avoid further problems with the supervisor, I am beeing tranferred to another department, with an approx of 40% paycut!
In the meantime I leared, that the boss(male), who told me 2 weeks ago that the supervisor does not have the authority to even send me home, has now his full support for whatever decision. By the way we have two bosses male and female, one does not know what the other is doing!
You betcha I am lookibng for a new job-since quite some time already!
Am I allowed, to tell y'all the name of the business, so that everyone is alarmed, just in case....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">